While I was using Glenda's Elusive Images Christmas Flourish themeplate for the Squashbook, I decided to have a play with some of the other stamps of Glenda's I have in my folders. So what better idea than a fatbook! It's taken me most of the week to do this, and I just finished it off today, I also have a stinking cold which doesn't help much! Especially as I had to keep stopping every two minutes to blow my nose! Yuk!!
I'll explain each page as I go along and tell you what was used in the process.
These are actually 'Bind - it - All' covers, and are great! I sprayed them with Glimmer Mists and used the Elusive images Inspriational Words themeplates, but I forgot to add the flower embellishment I made, so I can rectify that fault later.
Inside cover and page one.....
again using Glimmer Mists and the Inspirational Words themeplate, the words were stamped using Black ~Stazon on the first page, I just added some funky fibres to the tag to finish it off.
Pages 2 and 3......
The Peacock Feather Fan was stamped on to 160gsm white paper and then coloured using Sakura stardust pens, I also used the Koi waterbrush just to 'soften' it slightly. the background was done using the Colourbox Chalkeye inkpads, and overstamped with the Peacock Feather using Peacock-ish colours.
The Pansy Stamp is one i received when I joined the Graphicus Guild, I just wish I could have got the colouring better fo this one though, because it doesn't really do the stamp justice. It really is a pretty little stamp.
Pages 4 and 5.....
The Paisley Elephant themeplate is Fab!! You can really go to town with the colours on this! I used Glimmer Mists for the background, then made a matt and over stamped it with the little square swirl stamp using Chalkeye inkpads, the elephant was coloured using Sakura Stardust jelly roll pens.
The 'Disco Divas' are coloured using Marvy La Plume artmarkers, and I just added some glitter dots to give them some extra 'glamour'. Tha background was done using the Glimmer Mists again, and I over stamped using the funky little handbags from the same plate, I also added some glitter to them just to finish them off, I mounted the 'girls' onto some holographic paper, which had a previous life of a 'bottle bag'..lol...waste not want not!...needless to say the bottle that was in that bag is now well and truly empty!...lol..
pages 6 and 7.......
'Cool Dude' themeplate, and Glimmer mists again! I stamped the images using backing paper from the Artylicious Seasons Greeting cd rom, and Adirondak Denim Blue Embossing powder, the background is done using the Glimmer mists yet again...can you tell that I adore these?
The 'Flower picture is slightly different, it's from the Flora and Fauna themeplate and the first thing thought of when I saw this was Christmas, hence the colours, I stamped and embossed in gold, and then coloured using Marvy La Plume markers, then I used a versmark clear embossing pen and embossed the whole thing using Cosmic Shimmer gold embossing powder, when this stuff is heat embossed it's tranparent, but it leaves the most gorgeous shimmer! The background is done using those Glimmer mists again, over stamped and embossed with cosmic shimmer gold emboosing powder again. Very Christmasssy indeed.It's just a shame the photo doesn't do it justice!
the last page and inside back cover....
The last page is a fairly simple one really, I sprayed some cream paper with Gold and Antique Brown spray inks, Then Stamped the Mandal stamp onto it, I just layered up the stamp to give it a bit of dimension. The inside back cover is done the same as the front. Again using using Glimmer Mists and the Inspirational Words themeplate.
and finally....the back cover......
I just added a flower embellishment to this, used the 1" Bind - it - All 'O' wires to bind it and added some more funky fibres!
I really did enjoy making the little book, it's a great way to use up the oddments and aslo to practice some of your techniques.
Thank you for letting me share it with you, and I do hope you like it.
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
This piece isn't as complicated as it looks although it was a wee bit time consuming.
For this I used copper coloured stardream card, Artylicous Seasons Greetings cd rom for the backing papers, Elusive Images Christmas Flourish rubber stamps, Versamark clear pigment ink and copper detail embossing powder. I also used chalk eye ink pads to give the cut edges on the papers a softer look.
I used the instructions from the Inside Secrets of a Scoreboard book, which are dead simple to follow because they have pictures!
This is my first attempt at this project and I'm really pleased with the results.
Thanks for looking in, take care all,
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
My apologies to everyone, I've been laid up for a couple of weeks with a rather nasty virus, so not really felt like doing much of anything. But I'm glad to say I'm feeling much better now and even manageing to do a little crafting. I've got so many things to catch up with just now, so a busy time lies ahead for me.
Anyway, I made this for one of my friends ( a karate parent) who's sister is expecting a baby imminently! But as they don't know the sex of the baby yet it had to be a 'his/hers' job. I only hope I've managed to succeed with this, I have my doubts though, it looks a tad girlie to me, but I'll let her see it on friday when I take my son to his karate training and see what she thinks.
The shoes were done using a template. I just drew round them, cut them out and stuck them all together, just added a little bow and some silver peel offs to finish the shoes off, I used Ivory Stardream card, which is adorable! and, because it's double sided I didn't need to worry about 'hiding' the 'wrong sides'.
Thanks for looking in, and once again, my apologies for not keeping things up to date, Take care everyone,