Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Surprise in a suitcase!

I fell totally and utterly in love with these papier mache suitcases when I was browsing the other day and just had to have them!! They are just adorable!!

I also wanted to try my hand at using some grungepaper,and wanted to have a go at making some flowers. So I decided to just go for it! lol Here's what I used...

Papier Mache suitcases (pack of two) and the Flower Power rubber stamp themplate purchesd from www.theartisticstamper.com/, I also used Elusive Images Patchwork Butterfly stamp. Blonde Moments Metallic acrylic paints in Bronze and Suet Black,Distress inkpad Fired Brick, Distressed stickles Clear Rock Candy and a Black Archival ink pad. Inktenses Watercolour pencils. Some small paper flowers and some silicone glue!

First of all I made the grunge paper flowers following instructions from here http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/grunge-it-up-jennie.html
Then while they I was waiting for them to dry I painted the suitcase with the Bronze and Suet Black Acrylic paint! I stamped the Burtterfly onto grungepaper and coloured it using the Inktense Watercolour pencils. I just glued them all to the inside of the suitcase when they were all dry! It's truned out pretty nice for my first attempt and I just love it to bits! I was going to give this as a gift but think I'll keep it for myself! lol...how many times has that happened to you?...lol.

Thanks for stopping by, take care all,

Jackie x

Saturday, 19 June 2010

Joanna Sheen's Bathtime Diva stamped mirror!

I bought this mirror from Ikea yonks ago! I've had this idea in mind for it since then, but every time I went to buy Joanna Sheen's Bath time Diva stamp it was sold out! I've finally managed to get a hold of it! Yay!!!!

I painted the plain wooden frame with some white acrylic artist paint, not thin enough for a wash but not thick enough for a full coverage, if you get my meaning! Let it dry, then gave it a good 'scrub' with some fine grade sandpaper.

I stamped the images all over the frame and let the ink dry! coloured them using the Marvy Le Plume Art markers. let them dry a little and then sanded it down again. I gave it wipe with a dry cloth then glazed the images with Glossy Accents! this will make them waterproof when cleaning!!!. I oversprayed with some Glimmer mists just to finish it off a little!

Here are some close ups of some of the 'distressing'

I love this little project, didn't cost the earth to 'make' and will look really good in my bathroom! :D

Thanks for looking in

Take care

Jackie x