Thursday, 18 March 2010
Many apologies for the recent lack of blogging. I've not really been feeling very inspired these days. I've just been 'pottering' around in my craftroom for a couple of days trying out a few different things to see if I can get my long lost 'mojo' back!
I've managed to actually concentrate on something and finally finished this off!
The mirror frame is from Ikea! and just cried out for 'something' to be done to it!
I painted the frame with the Blonde moments metalic paints in bronze, then decided to be smart and added some crackle accents to parts of the frame, but when I 'highlighted the cracks I didn't like the colour so decided to sand it down and gave it another coat of paint! Oh well, I'll know not to do that again! lol
The rectangle, square, ovals and hearts are all chipboard frames painted with Blonde Moments metallic paints, overstamped with Judikins Artefacts cube stamp (the 'stone' effect) and then heat embossed. It gives a lovely looking texture to the frames. They are filled with clear UTEE to give them a 'glass' look! The other rectangles and squares are stampboard, these were bits I was trying out and made a total mess of! lol, so I just triple embossed and stamped into while the powder was still hot, again using the Artefacts cube. There are a couple of alcohol inked pieces on there as well.
All the images are from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Romance cd rom! I adore that cd! Soooo useful for sooo many things!
Here's the 'before' shot!
Thanks for looking in
Take care everyone
Tuesday, 2 March 2010
Well what can I say! I've been playing today! Not really sure if I like this or not but I suppose it's not too bad considering it's my first attempt!!
I bought a pack of papers from a charity shop yonks ago and knew they would come in handy sometime! They are great, there's a copy of an old Exchange and Mart, old receipts, cigarette cards, catalogues advertising the mod cons of the day etc! All fascinating stuff!!
Anyway, I tore up the Exchange and Mart, Distressed it using Brushed Corduroy Distressing ink and then overstamped it with a pocket watch stamp from the 'Time and Keys' themeplate from The Artistic Stamper, then brushed over the stamped images with Gold Perfect Pearls. I then stuck the whole thing down onto an 8 x 8 canvas using the Golden range Gel medium!
I tore a couple of pages from the advertising catalogue distressed them using Brused Corduroy ink and Fired Brick, then stuck the little 'family portrait' on top, which is actually a 'cigarette card' and a sizzix diecut frame, which I distressed and the added some Crackle Accents to give it an 'old photograph' look!
The pocket watch is stamped and alcohol inked, then stuck down, I used Glossy Accents to give it a 'glass face'. I cannibalised an old hanging mobile for the chain and added a gold button to finish off! The Tag is just Distressed with Brushed Corduroy and Fired Brick inks, overstamped with a pocketwatch stamp, brushed with Perfect Pearls. I used alchol ink on an old key I had in my craft stash and stuck it to the tag.
The bottom left picture is a cigarette card, distressed and painted over with Crackle Accents. The top card is alcohol inked over but I added acrylic fragments to highlight the tins of 'polish'. The cutlery is actually little brass charms I've had stashed away for yonks!! I alcohol inked over them to tone them down a little and they just match perfectly!
It's the first time I've tried anything like this before and I'm quite surprised with the result! It certainly does have a lot of character though.
Thanks for looking in and apologies for the rather long posting tonight.