This is a reworked canvas, so there is still a good bit of texture left from the previous working. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it to be honest but was having a tidy up and reorganising my stamps and decided to have a go with ones I haven't used in a while. Chose the Patchwork Butterfly set from Chocolate Baroque simply because it's a gorgeous set and the main butterfly is massive !!
To start things off I used some texture paste through an alphabet stencil and crackle effect stencil then set aside to dry. While it was drying I stamped the butterfly onto acetate with jet black Saxon, then used copper gilding flakes on the back. Set that aside to dry off and then painted the canvas with black gesso. I did a dry brushing over some of the textures with metallic paints and then over sprayed using cosmic shimmer sprays. I cut out the butterfly and added some fancy pins for the antennae.
The above photo is a close up of the textures and metallic effects as well as the butterfly.
I used the smaller butterfly and stamped directly to the canvas using a versamark clear pad and then heat embossed in copper embossing powder. The stamping is imperfect because of the texture on the canvas but that is what I wanted as they are in the background and when you think about what butterflies started out like it just seemed to fit with the idea behind the whole imperfection theme.
I added some paper flowers which were painted and dry brushed with metallic paints to tone them in with the project.
Above are a couple of photo highlighting some of the detailing in the texture, colours , stamping and embellishments.
As this was a reworking of an old project I wasn't really expecting perfect results, and it was just an experiment but it turned out better than I thought it would and I had fun in the process so it was all good in the end.
Thank you for dropping by,