Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Art Project

Many many apologies for the lack of blogging for such a long time, but life and college have just got in the way I'm afraid!

Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying this little access course and so glad I went for it!

Anyway, I digress.

The above piece was a project for Art! I had to design a piece of jewellery which somehow managed to end up as this massive collage! My lecturer knows how 'creative' I am so instead of drawing (which I'm terrible at) she suggested I go the collage route! Didn't expect it to turn out quite so big, but once I got started there was just no stopping! I thought it was a good way to 'tie all the ideas together'!

So here goes with the 'construction'!!

I printed off some clockwork images, cut some of them up and tore some up, then stuck them to the canvas, when dry, I mixed yellow, white and a smidgen of brown acrylic paint and painted over the whole lot! I didn't want to 'hide' the images but didn't want them showing totally. When dry, I used a Clockwork masking set and over prayed with some antique brown spray ink.

I used the eazi-score large and small alphabet templates for the phrase, just cut form plain and patterned paper, over stamped them with the Clockwork Roses stamps set from the Artistic Stamper and then distressed with matching ink.

The cogs and gearwheels are a Tim Holtz Alterations Die and cut from Grungeboard painted gold and Silver. I also used the Winged Heart Alterations Die for the wings on the pocket watch, which comes from the Time themeplate from the Artisitc Stamper.

Again, using the Clockwork Roses themeplate I stamped onto patterned paper and Grungepaper painted silver and constructed the Roses. The butterflies and Snail are also from the Clockwork themeplates from the Artistic Stamper! I just couldn't resist that little snail!....lol!

The 'Door' is actually a movers and shaper die and a keyhole die, I ran it through the big shot with the wood effect alterations embossing folder. The image behind it was to show off the shape that I used to make the pendant wrapped round the letter " O " ! It was made using Copper colour metal sheet from Ten Second Studio, a couple of eyelets, a cord and some watch pieces and jump rings!

The tall roses at the side of the door are from the Elusive Images Rose Script themeplate! (my ALLtime favourite stamp!)and are coloured using Inktense water colour pencils.

The "clear disc" is actually clear UTEE with some watch parts embedded and it actually looks like resin! I just scattered some watch parts around the canvas and stuck them down randomly just to kind of finish it off a little!

I must admit to being rather pleased with this piece because I just wasn't sure about the background colour, but when my lecturer saw it she was thrilled and ordered to me to hang it up in my livingroom because it 'deserves to be seen'! (her words, not mine)lol

anyway, so sorry for the 'novel' of a post but just thought you'd be a bit interested in how it was all put together.

Thanks for looking in and again many apologies for the lack of blogging.

Take care everyone,

Jackie x