Saturday 19 June 2010

Joanna Sheen's Bathtime Diva stamped mirror!




I bought this mirror from Ikea yonks ago! I've had this idea in mind for it since then, but every time I went to buy Joanna Sheen's Bath time Diva stamp it was sold out! I've finally managed to get a hold of it! Yay!!!!


I painted the plain wooden frame with some white acrylic artist paint, not thin enough for a wash but not thick enough for a full coverage, if you get my meaning! Let it dry, then gave it a good 'scrub' with some fine grade sandpaper.

I stamped the images all over the frame and let the ink dry! coloured them using the Marvy Le Plume Art markers. let them dry a little and then sanded it down again. I gave it wipe with a dry cloth then glazed the images with Glossy Accents! this will make them waterproof when cleaning!!!. I oversprayed with some Glimmer mists just to finish it off a little!

Here are some close ups of some of the 'distressing'




I love this little project, didn't cost the earth to 'make' and will look really good in my bathroom! :D

Thanks for looking in

Take care

Jackie x

1 comment:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Jackie you are so clever.
Cathy
xxxxx