Tuesday 30 September 2008

Artylicious 'snowglobe'....





Firstly I must apologise for being 'AWOL' for a while.....but I've just been rather busy of late and not really had much spare time on my hands......anyway.....this is just a little teaser from the challenge that my friend Louise set me......I will show you the rest when I've finished them....not long now....I promise!


This actually started off as an experiment! I was quite surprised with the end result too......it was a case of...now do I like it...or don't I like it!....but it's different and just a fun piece.

I used the case from the Artylicious Fantasy Floral cd rom to get the initial shape of the globe...drew round it then cut it out from some plain white card, the background is done using Artylicious Season's Greetings cd rom, (let it snow section), I then used the tree stamp that everyone at Louise's shop seems to hate, just coloured it using Twinkling H2O's and some glitter, I just 'drew the ground snow' free hand and cut it out from some plain white paper and added some glitter, the base is just a piece of paper coloured with Marvy La Plume markers to give a 'wood effect'. I added some gold peel-off line stickers to hide the rough edges of the base, and then just added some white snowflake stickers to the whole piece afterwards.....to give the idea off the 'floating snow' in the globe.

As I said, I wasn't really sure about this piece but the more I see it the more I like it....just a really good piece of fun, Thanks for looking in, and also Thank You for all your lovely kind thoughts and comments........more 'stuff' coming soon.....so watch this space!!.....lol....

5 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Personally, I like it Jackie - and the stamp. I have it too and have used it a lot over the last few years. Glad you had fun with it
Ann x

Jacqueline said...

Thanks Ann, I must admit to liking this stamp...there are just so many things you can use it for! I'm in the middle of other projects just now, but hope to post them soon, take care Ann, and Thank You again
jackie x

Suzanne said...

Fabulous - just this idea
Thanks for sharing and lovely to have you back
Suzanne

Beryl K said...

I think it's lovely Jackie
Beryl x

Rainbow Lady said...

I think this is lovely Jackie and yes I too love that stamp and the globe is great.
Love Cynthia x