Tuesday 29 December 2009

Inspirational mini book
















I made this mini book for a friend of mine who is struggling a bit in life just now.
I thought the words of the 'Don't Quit' poem were perfect for this situation.

I used two sheets of Basic Grey scrapbook paper for the backing on all the pages, which are actually the 'backing' from those brown envelopes that contain 'special craft papers'! I then set about embellishing them, I coloured the verses of the poem with Pro markers and then just stuck them down and embellished the corners.

I stamped straight onto the backing papers of the 'inside' pages with some of my favourite stamps, mostly from Elusive Images, except the 'Time' page, these stamps are from The Artistic Stamper. I coloured them using Inktense watercolour pencils.....and I just love the lovely subtle muted effect this had...it's very 'vintage' looking.

Believe it or not but I DID try NOT to make this very girlie, as my friend is a bloke...looks like I've failed a bit in places though .....but I think he will love it because of the lovely words and sentiments.

Thank you for looking in and I hope you all have a safe and prosperous New Year.

Take care everyone,

Jackie x

3 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Jackie this is out of this world!!! Do you get the impression that I love it. Lol!!! Cathy xxxx

Fiona said...

What a fabulous project, Jackie!It really is terrific :)

Mrs B said...

love this sis .. xx