Wednesday 29 May 2013

Mixed Media.

I have had this idea in my head for ages but couldn't really do anything about it until now.

First of all the big background piece is a Batik piece that was created for Textiles, the smaller piece is a lino print and that was done in Printmaking class a few weeks after. The fact that these two pieces go really well together is a complete accident and something I didn't really pay attention to until I had completed the printmaking images.

I couldn't put this together because the pieces were in sketchbooks which were needed for assessment, so I had to wait until that was done, so as both subjects have now been passed it was okay for me to go ahead.

Many MANY apologies for the seriously naff photograph though, it was late when I got finished and my camera wasn't working so I had to use my mobile phone. That nasty rag is there to stop the picture from sliding down!!

I am going to enter this for the class exhibition. That way there is a piece used involving all the lecturers....does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm off for a while, 'sneaking' this post in while in class, well not really 'sneaking' as everybody can see what I'm doing anyway!!. Finished my class work for now and just waiting on a checklist to see if there's anything else I need to do.

Take care and thanks for dropping by.

Jackie x



No comments: