Tuesday 5 August 2008

A Rose by any other name..............






I'm sorry I don't have any more recent projects to share with you just now, but I'm still busy re-decorating my living room! Will it never end!

Anyway, I made this piece a couple of years ago when this stamp first came out and I must admit it is one of my all time favourites, such a versatile stamp and suits just about any occasion and person you can think of.

The stamp is by Glenda Waterworth and is called the Rose Script, I put this little mini-book together just to show off different ways of using the stamp.
One page was stamped using stambord, one page was done onto vellum using white embossing powder and embossed softly from behind, one page was done just using chalks, another page was done using Marvy La Plume art markers and then glazed , and yet another page was done onto vellum but this time coloured with coloured pencils from behind to give a very soft look. The cover was done using Antique Gold spray inks and an alphabet set of stamps that I'd had in my craft stash for ages, I just added some mini tags and a few buttons as a 'bookmark'.

I really enjoyed this stamp and making this mini-book, so much so that I sent it to Glenda and she featured it in her Gallery on her website, which blew me away!Never did I think my work would be shown off in such a way!

Thank you all for looking in, take care and bye for now.

Hopefully once I've finished re-decorating my living room I can start on some new project and share them with you.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow - I seem to be following behind looking at all the blogs but what a lovely surprise to see 3 new items
Thanks for sharing your wonderful work
Suzanne