Friday 1 August 2008

Modern Ephemera!




Here's something a wee bit different.
This was included in the batch of samples I made for Joanna Sheen using the Perfume Bottles and Dressing Table rubber stamps.


First off all the card.


I stamped the perfume bottles randomly onto thin white card , using silver a silver inkpad and heat embossed with silver detail embossing powder, I used this as a backing paper and then finished it off using some fancy border silver peel-offs. The main perfume bottles were stamped onto thicker card, coloured using Sakura startdust Gellyroll pens, then cut out and mounted using 3d foam pads.


The Brooch.

This is a kiltpin brooch I bought from one of the many jewellery sites on the internet. I chose the 3 ring one but you can buy ones with 6 ring attatchments.
I threaded some different coloured glass beads onto 2" headpins and attatched them to the broach using jumprings.
The charm is is made using the square perfume bottle, stamped onto white shrink plastic using dark grey Stazon, coloured using Sakura Stardust Gellyroll pens to match the main perfume bottles on the card. I just attatched the charm to the brooch using a jumpring.



The Brooch Attatchment.

I stamped the pillbox stamp onto thick white card, punched two holes and added eyelets using the crop-a-dile, threaded some white organza ribbon through the eyelets to attatch the brooch. That way the brooch can be removed easily.

This has turned out to be quite a popular piece and I have been asked to make quite a few of these, it can be adapted to suit any occasion and would make a lovey little gift for that someone special.
Thank you all for looking in.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

WOW stunning - I love this set of yours
Thanks for sharing
Suzanne