Friday 16 November 2012

Art Postcards.

In 'Contextual Studies' for Art we are working on 'timelines and movements'!

The brief was to do six art postcards on each movement of our choice but putting our own take on things! I have completed five and will work on the final one tomorrow, (getting really sore from sitting too long just now)

Anyway here's what I've completed so far

CUBISM _ 1907 - 1919

And it's a 'painting' of my lava lamp!! And it's loosely based on Pablo Picasso ... (I think) lol






FAUVISM - 1904 - 1908

And this one is done in the Style of Henri Matisse


GERMAN EXPRESSIONISM 1910 's - 1920's

TO BE COMPLETED.....



Surrealism - 1920 -1930

This is just one of my own pieces. I just had a little play with some Dylusions, and some of my favourite rubber stamps along with a label printer and came up with this....Not sure how "surreal" it appears to everybody else but boy do I love those colours!!! The phrase is actually the lyrics from the Enigma song Prism of Life in case you were wondering.


POP ART

Now I could have went the easy road and did something to do with Andy Warhol....but I didn't.... I had a little look at Robert Rauschenberg's work and I love it!! So this piece is very loosely based on his work....despite the fact that Tim Holtz and The Artistic Stamper are in there as well....So I just collaged some of Tim's papers and used some of the Artistic Stamper's steam punk stamps!

MINIMALISM


A VERY simple piece ! I just drew round the circles in the  Dylusions "Chequered Dots" stencil and coloured them using a black fine liner! Simple but effective and it's again loosely based on Frank Stella's work.





So there you have it.... been a busy few days and I still have some more stuff to catch up on but I'll manage. I will post the German Expressionism one when I have that completed. And, that I'm afraid will NOT be tonight! It's Friday and I NEED to relax a little! Hopefully!  Wouldn't mind a nice little Bacardi or two but alas, the big nasty painkillers I'm on will NOT allow! *sighs*

So take care everyone and thanks for dropping by.

Have a great weekend

Jackie x



No comments: