Friday 2 December 2011

Steampunk Christmas Rose.

Another decoration for my Christmas tree! In red this time!






As I said in an earlier post, I bought a couple of these frames a few weeks ago. I'd had a pretty good idea what I wanted to do with them and couldn't wait!

This one was painted in Naphthol Red Acrylic paint!! And RED it most certainly was!! EEK! So I 'toned' it down by rubbing on some black Archival ink, it worked although looking at that picture you wouldn't think so lol!!

I used the Chicken Wire background stamp and stamped over the top using Versamark clear ands then did some 'messy' embossing, I wanted a 'dusted' look so I just didn't tap away the excess powder as I normally do when I'm after a cleaner look!

The background is just an off cut of green card stamped with Small cogs and then embossed (cleanly) with gold powder! The Rose is done using the Tick Tock Flowers. You can tell I LOVE this set of stamps can't you! lol.


So there you have it...quite a quick project really and it's turned out very red, very festive and will very good on my tree lol!!

Take care and thanks for dropping by

Jackie x

No comments: