Wednesday 8 February 2012

Sunday Stampers week 191

And I FINALLY managed to come up with a song title that actually fits Hel's Sunday Stampers Challenge!  



The words are the Lyrics from an all time Classic song from YES - Owner of a Lonely Heart ! Ans it's one of my favourites!

Anyway.... The background was done using Wild Honey Distress stain, over sprayed with some Glimmer Mists in Pink Ink and Passion Red, a little Gold spray ink then dried with a heat gun. I over stamped that with the Dots Background stamp from The Artistic Stamper using Fired Brick distress Ink.

I used the Winged Heart Alterations Die and coloured the heart red with a promarker in Poppy Red, The wings are done using Faded Jeans Distress Stain and then I over stamped with my fave crackle background stamp and Black Archival ink.

The sad looking lady is 'drawn' by me and coloured using promarkers then stuck down onto the page and outlined with a black fineliner!

I'm thrilled to bits with the way this page has turned and hope the others will be just  as good because this is my FIRST Proper Art Journal. So I am going to enter this into a couple of challenges!!....the big one I have on the go at the moment is just a place for me to explore ideas and try out a few techniques..

Thanks for looking

Take care

Jackie x

7 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

oh yes, that is one of my faves too... fab song title! Loving your journal page hun... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Robin Panzer Art said...

Great song! Lovely journal page! ~Happy WOYWW (#30) Robin Panzer Art Studio 33.

Kat said...

what a great journal page,
you covered the heart theme perfectly,
Thank you for joining in with this months challenge over at The Artistic Stamper creative team blog,
Kat X.

Julia S-W said...

Hi Jacqueline hope you don't mind but I've joined your site - I'm new to blogging and have been visiting loads to see what it's all about and following a few where I love the work - like yours! I love the journal page. First heart with wings that I've seen and actually thought: wow, love that! Julia

Yvonne said...

One of my faves too, Jacqueline!

Angenita said...

Thanks for the link! I think I will join :)

Julia Dunnit said...

You should be thrilled to bits - it's wonderful! I'm late for WOYWW visits, so am taking the chance to catch up on other posts too, a rare treat. So did you break into those new paints then..mmmmm first use, lovely!