Wednesday 6 June 2012

Steampunk Cake Stand .

Well here it is! I FINALLY managed to get it finished! My Steampunk cake stand! Think I'll put it with the other stuff I've done like that! So here's what was used and how it was done!


All the stamps are from The Artistic Stamper and are as follows :-

Inspirational Jars
Inspirational Light Bulbs
Tick Tock Flowers
Time and Keys
Dots Background

Other products:-

Studio 490 Art Parts  Cake Stand
Alcohol Inks
Distress Inks
Distress Stains

Clear Embossing Powder
Grunge board
Shrink plastic.
Alterations Gadget gears die.


I started off by colouring the Art part with Wild Honey Distress stain, the over stamped it the Dots background stamp in Fired Brick Distress ink. Used a hot glue gun to glue all the pieces together and then set it aside to 'set'!

The Rose was stamped onto white card using Black Archival ink, then coloured using Wild Honey Distress Stain and edged with Fired Brick Distress ink.

The Jar and Pocket watch were stamped onto chipboard shapes to match the stamps and were done as follows..

I coloured the jar with Faded Jeans Distress ink then stamped the jar image over the top.  I then triple embossed with clear embossing powder, but I added just a teensy bit of white powder to it because I wanted a 'pitted' look to the 'glass'. The Watch and Light Bulb were done in exactly the same way only using different colours!

I cut out the cogs with the Alterations Gadget Gears from Grunge board which was coloured using Bottle Green, Terracotta and Gold to them a 'rusted' look.... the tiny gears are cut from shrink plastic and shrunk down, they were also coloured using Alcohol inks.

I just added a few embellishments to finish off, the chain for the pocket watch and a couple of hat pins on the flower!

Despite the fact that I had numerous interruptions with this piece I am thrilled with the way it's turned out!

So with that I am going to chill in front of the TV with a good movie and a hot mug of coffee.

Thanks for dropping by,

Take care

Jackie x

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow!! Fantastic... just love it :o)
Hugs
Sandra x

Julia S-W said...

An amazing piece Jacqueline! Love all the elements which come together so perfectly. My favourite has to be the sparkly little watch - so love anything that sparkles (sad, I know!).
Juliaxx