Wednesday 19 June 2013

What's On Your Workdesk 211

Yep! It's me ! The messy one is back!! My poor craft desk has lain neglected for months and turned into somewhat of a 'dumping ground' I'm afraid thanks to an NC Art and Design course at the local college. I finished that last week and have been using the time to catch up on 'stuff'. This will probably be my next ' to do '  project!! Tidy it up a little I think!! LITTLE?...erm try a LOT!!

Anyway, I would just like to apologise for being AWOL for so long , I just couldn't seem to fit this in along with all the course work AND the homework! Wow ! Did we get hammered with that or what? !!

Still, I have learned so much on this course and I have have loads of inspiration and new ideas that I would like to try out. (IF I can ever get that desk tidied up that is).

Right, I'm off for a wee nosey around everyone else's desks on this wonderful inspirational bloghop that is WOYWW over at Julia's place  so I may be gone for a while !!


Oh, before I go.... I just KNOW some of you will be curious as to what's under the bubble wrap?! ... It is a project that I did for Sculpting class, a clay tile that was made by taking a piece of a drawing/photograph, carving it out on the clay then making an opposite using plaster of paris! LOVE this as you have a 'positive and negative' image if you will. Glad we did this because when I was about to carve the tile I wasn't sure which pieces would look better 'taken away' or left. This gives me a look at how it would have been either way.

Right, rambling over for now.

Take care everyone, have a great WOYWW!

Thanks for dropping by

Jackie x

16 comments:

Twiglet said...

Thanks for joining in with us again - I covered my messy desk with vintage bunting linen today!!

Jan said...

Great work space! TFS! xx Jan(96

Gibby Frogett said...

Looks a fun desk. Thanks for visiting earlier. Gill x #89

Annie said...

Hi Jackie happy WOYWW :-) I need to tidy my craft room too before I go any further. Nice to hear you enjoyed your course and have lots of ideas. Look forward to viewing them.

Thanks for dropping by earlier and leaving a comment. It's so appreciated.

Hugs Annie x ( your newest follower)

Tammy said...

Your sculpting project sounds fun! Love your work space...mine can turn into a dumping ground too when life gets busy. Happy WOYWW! Tammy #118

Unknown said...

Hi Jacqueline - You are definitely out of space girlfriend! You don't even have the postage sized piece of clear workspace left. Sorry to agree but it is tidy up time for you - you will have to show us what is in the bubble wrap next week! Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 78

Crafty Lark said...

Waw, that is a busy desk, been for a wander around your blog as haven't been for a while, your art course sounds like being too much work for me although I would have loved to have a go. xx Flora

SandeeNC said...

Sculpting class sounds awesome! Bet your having tons of fun at your art class! Thank you so much for visiting my "floor of shame today", lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

ria gall said...

Hi Jackie
so good to hear you have got through your course and have had lots of inspiration from it. I look forward to seeing what you create once your desk is back in working action
have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week

Ria #47

Dianne said...

Hello Jackie, well I for one will be looking forward to seeing all the thing you've learnt, it all sound so exciting and interesting, like what under the bubble wrap, hope you can join the snoop next week too. As long as you have a 12X12 in area to work in your OKAY, I think:O)

Dianne said...

Ooooops forgot to leave my no. if I do this one more time I'm going to scream, thanks goodness I live alone LOLOLOO,,
Dianne #119

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, you have been busy! The way I see it, if you find a hoe for the sculpture and the bubble wrap, you'll have aneat space to work on and then you won't really need to tidy up..everything you need will just be around you!

Monique said...

Looks like a lovely creative desk to me =)
Have wonderful week, Happy WOYWW. xx

The Taming of the Glue said...

Welcome back and well done for finishing the course! The desk won't take long to get back into shape, mine looks like that most of the time! Happy (late) WOYWW. Pam#38

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Jackie, so good to see you back. You KNOW your desk has good structure and it seems once the dumping ground has been put away, all the good stuff is still there waiting for you to come out and play again. And it sounds like you NEED to play now that you are out of school. Have a great slightly late WOYWW from #17.

Zoe said...

So good to see another messy desk! :)
Mine needs a damn good tidy-up too. I might tackle it tomorrow. Or Sunday. Or never.
Zoe @ Top Floor Treasures