This one is slightly bigger than the Black one I showed previously so it gave me a bit more space to play!
I sanded it down and then painted it with Burnt Umber Acrylic paint, let it dry, then mixed up some white with the brown and randomly brushed over the top, then while it was still wet i rubbed it over with a damp cloth, it gave it a slightly 'limed' effect....nice...but not quite right, so, I dry brushed on some Gold Acrylic metallic paint, STILL not quite right lol...so...I sanded it quite roughly to show the wood underneath...looking better but I'm still not happy...so I sprayed over some Tattered Leather Glimmer Mists and brushed it in...ooooh yes!! I just then rubbed a little Fired Brick Distress Ink onto the bare wood that was sanded and THAT'S IT !!! That's the look!! Reeesult!!!
Sooo... after a hot cup of coffee... lol.... I then got to work on the background...Some plain brown Kraft card sprayed with Midnight and Tattered Leather Glimmer Mists, dried with a heat gun (yes I am impatient)! lol. Then sprayed over with an ordinary Antique Brown and Gold spray ink. When dried I randomly stamped The Chicken Wire Background stamp from The Artistic Stamper then heat embossed with Gold powder.
I cut the Alterations Caged Bird using brown Kraft card then sprayed it and distressed it before stamping and embossing with The Dots Background Stamp From The Artistic Stamper. I used the Branches and Birds for the trees (oddly enough) which were then distressed with Brushed Corduroy and Forest Moss inks. I just highlighted the details with a gold marker.
The Flowers were done using The Flower Power them plate and also The Tick Tock Flowers Steampunk theme plate, they were stamped onto some plain and patterned paper then distressed with Fired Brick Distress ink. The big butterfly at the top of the frame was from The Tick Tock Butterflies themeplate and was stamped onto some patterned card then again Distressed with Fired Brick ink. The phrase was stamped using the words from The Rose Stem Script plate from Chocolate Baroque. I just matted it onto some darker card then outlined with Gold marker to give it a nice border.
All in all this was a great wee project to work on and I did have loads of fun just using stuff from my stash! I am really pleased with the way it's turned out too and just love the whole 'muted' feel to this! Not sure if I want to sell now or just keep it for myself !!!
Thank you for bearing with me on the long post,
Take care and have a great day!