Thursday 22 March 2012

Workspaces!....

Good Morning bloggers! Not got any crafting to show just now but this post IS related to crafting....

Since joining the WOYWW Ginormous Blog Hop I've had lots of comments about my craft space and certain things I use for storage. Now my wee 5 ft space is certainly NOTHING to boast and brag about but it may give some people some alternative ideas on things that they already have in the house to use as storage or whatever....

1. Take 3 (or whatever you need) bog standard Ikea Kitchen wall units .... ( 2 wide 1 narrow) mount them on the wall and hey presto!! Instant storage for all your scrapbook papers and other stash!!

Sorry about the REALLY NAFF photos! ... David Bailey i am NOT lol!

Here's an inside view ... and YES ! I NEED to tidy them up ... *sighs* ... lol

This is the narrow unit and it holds all my unmounted stamps and various books and mags...





This wide units holds all my expensive card, paper, ribbons embellishments blah blah blah....and of course the jewelerry making stuff on the top shelf....

And finally the messy one lol...guess which one is used the most lol!!! Scrapbook paper packs, card, chipboard shapes and top shelf is glitter and also all the melt pot stuff!



2 :- Take 2 ( or whatever you need)  Bog standard Ikea kitchen drawer base units.... 1 wide and 1 narrow and fill up with stuff!!! lol






top drawer has paper punches and trimmers, middle drawer has Bind it all, Dream cuts, stamp press, glue guns blah blah blah...and bottom drawer is the Big Shot drawer!








The narrow unit is the one i tend to use the most...bottom drawer is embossing boards, box makers, middle drawer is inks, embossing powders , acrylic blocks and the top drawer tend to be my bits and pieces drawer...now we ALL NEED one of those!!! lol


3 :- One cheap kitchen counter top from B&Q sits on top of the base units and bingo!! One instant craft space!!


4 :- Above the 'desk' is a metal pole used for a couple of Ikea cutlery holders and a spice rack, you will get a better look at these in the first photo.....these I use for storing pencils, pens, paint brushes...blah blah blah......the Spice rack is a little shelving unit and holds my alcohol inks, glimmer mists...some paint dabbers and various other bottles of 'stuff'!

Along the wall on the right hand side below/above the narrow units is a magnetic kitchen 'knife' strip, this holds magnetic tins with clear lids which I use for storing all my 'fancy' flower embellishments!

there are a few various other bits and pieces that I have altrered myself that store stuff too...beans cans, peas cans, old  boxes and tins....

I think the whole thing in total cost around £350 ish....sounds a lot but not when you see the price of some of the fancy all singing all dancing crafty units and stuff that is available just now.....I thought it was well worth the investment and it works a treat for me.....all i need to do more often is just to keep the dang thing tidy!!.....but hey!! I'm having too much fun crafting to 'waste' time on tidying up!! lol


I hope all you wonderful people who have left me comments on this little work space of mine can get some handy ideas from it all....


Take care and thanks for dropping by,

Jackie xx

P.S. ...... Please don't ask me about that big black rotary thingie in the corner.....I've had that thing for soooooooo long I just can't remember where I bought it from!! lol... sorry ... :(


2 comments:

Rita said...

Wow. Superb Workspace Jackie. I love your ideas and it is certainly very compact considering all the bits and pieces we crafters hoard. My father used to say the "Devil makes work for idle hands". So I guess as a child I must have believed him as my hands have never idle much at all in all of my life. Hugs and thanks for sharing some great ideas. Rita xxxx

BJ said...

Great workspace Jackie, where in the house it yours then? I just have a corner in my bedroom and open shelves. I have a photo ready to share tomorrow on WOYWW.