Friday 28 October 2011

Quick Birthday Card!






Good Evening blogland! I've actually made a card!! My first card in aaaaaaaaaages!! Quite pleased with the way this has turned out actually.

It's a Birthday Card for Cameron's Gran so I wanted to keep it fairly clean and simple!

I very lightly distressed  base cream coloured card with Wild Honey and Dried Marigold distress inks, distressed the small mat with the same colour only heavier, then stamped out the phrase which is from The Artistic Stamper in Versafine Vintage sepia.

I stamped the jars  which are again from The Artistic Stamper in the Vintage sepia and very lightly distressed them with the Wild Honey and Dried Marigold, I also used a little Forest Moss , I was trying for the 'old green glass' look...it turned out not too bad actually. I just added some Flora Doodles silk flowers and the middle one is just paper, coloured and embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a shine!

Really pleased with the way this has turned out because it's my first card in a long while, I've been to busy doing books and altering 'stuff' lol!!

Thanks for looking in

Have a lovely evening and a great weekend! I'm off to the SECC in Glasgow tomorrow! :D

Jackie x

1 comment:

Shoshi said...

Wow Jacqueline - thanks for the awesome comment on my blog! So glad you like my stuff.

This is a great birthday card! I don't do a lot of cards if I can avoid it - which is never!! I'd rather do other things really, but needs must.