Sunday 6 November 2011

Art Portfolio

Good Afternoon blogland! Sorry I've been a bit AWOL for the past few days, but I've been working on my Art portfolio! It's a bit bigger than I would have liked and so it took me a tad longer!

Anyway, here is what I have done so far! Now I'm not too sure whether I'll use this for the front or the back because I'm not very happy with the placement of the letters!

I do love the way this has turned out and I think I pleasantly surprised myself with this piece despite the letters being squint! lol

Anyway It started out as a HUGE sheet of greyboard, which I just cut in half and got an A3 size! (or slightly bigger)! I painted the whole thing with cheap plain white acrylic paint then set aside to dry.

When dry, I just smooshed some different colours randomly over the background, added matching Glimmer Mists, some Alcohol ink drips, spritzed with water then heat dried,  Did some faux resist stamping, then over stamped with various background stamps in my stash! The big circles are done using a coffee jar lid! lol...Scribbled round the letters with a black marker and a white writer, then just added a few words here and there along with the big scroll. The letters were done using the Eazi-Score alphabet templates, run through the Big Shot with some texture embossing folders and then coloured and distressed!

Here's a couple of close ups of various pieces from the whole thing...










As I said earlier, I'm, not sure if I will use this as the front or back cover yet, I'll work on the other piece and see how that goes! Artist portfolios are quite expensive so I thought I'd have a go at trying to make my own! Don't know how well it will go down but all we can do is wait and see!

Thanks for looking

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day

Jackie x


No comments: